Thursday 4 July 2013

Do You Believe In Soul Mates? Part 7

'I’m sorry; we've done all we could now it’s up to God.' 

      'GOD??? how can a doctor talk about things like God??? He's just making excuses my love. He like all other doctors in India are just lazy. But don't worry my love. I will take you abroad. Get you treated from one of the best doctor's. Hell why just one? All of them! You will be fine Laila. You will. I promise you that' saying this Prem put down his head on Laila's stomach. The fact that the love of his life was laying unconscious in front of him hadn't sunk in yet. She was fighting the biggest battle, the battle of life and death. All alone! 
         Slowly getting up Prem walked out of the ICU. Outside he found Laila's mother crying. He went to her and put her arms around her while she cried her heart out. Prem had promised Laila that he won't cry so he didn't shed a single tear. 
       'Mr. Prem, may I have a word with you in private?' the doctor asked Prem.
'I'll be right back mom. Stay calm OK?' Prem told Laila's mother. 
'Mr. Prem I want to be frank with you. We are losing Laila by the minute. I would suggest her family members and you bid farewell. Only a miracle can save her.' the doctor told Prem.
Prem smiled and slowly walked out without saying anything. He went into the ICU. Sitting next to Laila he held her hand and said, ‘Laila these people say you are going to leave me and go. Ha-ha. Can you believe that? They don’t know our bond. You can’t leave me. Please Laila. You can’t leave me.’ For the first time in 2 years since his father’s first death anniversary did Prem cry. Suddenly Prem felt a movement in his hands. Laila’s fingers were moving in his hands. Happily Prem looked at Laila’s face and saw her eyes open very slowly.
‘Prem’ Laila whispered slowly.
‘Laila! My love! Wait.. ill just go get the doctor’ Prem said while getting up.
‘No, stay with me. Right here. I have to tell you something’
‘My love that can wait. Let the doctor check you first! After all we have a lifetime together.’ Prem said smiling.
‘Yes Prem. We will be together forever. But not in this world. I have to go now Prem. And you have to let me go.’ Laila said.
Realizing what Laila was saying he was shocked. He couldn't move.
‘No Laila. You can’t leave me! I won’t let you leave me.’
‘Have a good life my Prem. And most importantly move on from me. If there is anything that i have learnt, it is life is too uncertain. Don’t waste time on me. Live your life to the fullest.’ Laila said smiling.
‘Laila no! Please! Please!!!’ Prem begged Laila.
‘I’m not scared anymore Prem. I will always love you my soul mate.’ Laila said while stroking Prem’s cheek.
Prem couldn't take it anymore. He ran out and called the doctors. But by the time the doctors came Laila was gone. Though the doctors kept trying to revive Laila. Though the machines around Laila kept beeping Prem knew the exact moment when Laila had left the world and gone. Among all the chaos in the ICU Prem slowly walked back and banged his back to the wall and sat down.
‘I love you too my soul mate’ he whispered and a single tear rolled down his cheek.

TO BE CONTINUED


       

No comments:

Post a Comment